If your home was built before 1920, its external walls are probably solid rather than cavity walls. Without a gap they will let more heat escape. Solid walls can be insulated – either from the inside or the outside. This will cost more than insulating a standard cavity wall, but your home will feel warmer and you could save up to £270 per year so apply today.
External Wall Insulation
Firefly Energi has previously helped households to keep their homes warmer by installing External Wall Insulation under the HEEPS:ABS. There is Funding available again for the 2017/18 HEEPS:ABS Funding.
However, you need to be aware that a client contribution may be required Register your details for more information.
- Can be applied without disruption to the household
- Doesn’t reduce the floor area of your home
- Renews the appearance of outer walls
Weather & Sound Proof
- Improves weather proofing and sound resistance
- Fills cracks and gaps in the brickwork, which will help reduce draughts
- Helps increase the life of your walls by protecting the brickwork
- Can help reduce condensation on internal walls and can help prevent damp (but won’t solve rising or penetration damp)
- Is best installed at the same time as external refurbishment work eg. new windows and doors, to reduce the cost
Needs a building Warrant
- You will need to apply for a building warrant we can help with this